Bury Clarion club rides are held each and every weekend. These are a great opportunity for you to meet other club members, learn the skills of group riding and enjoy some fantastic routes! Before taking part in any of our Social Rides, please read our Social Ride Guidelines. The Saturday rides are an ideal introduction to group riding. Please see https://www.buryclarion.co.uk/club-rides/ for types of rides
Saturday 4 Rides
Meet: The Toby (Ainsworth Arms) Bury Bolton Road
Time: 9:00 am
- Adele Vanderkamp – I will lead a Saturday ride to Haigh Hall. around 50 miles at 10-12mph (D Ride)
- Lucia Cronin – I will be doing a beginners ride Sat to Rivi for a cafe stop… I actually needs beginners rides myself! Around 30 miles 10-12mph (D ride)
- Martin Hanson – Regular Saturday ride. 30 mile. No cafe stop (C Ride)
- Paul Vanderkamp – 8:30 start. Bullets cx in Cheshire . 8.30 at the Ainsworth arms only about 30miles to get there . Watch the Bullets race then over to Knutsford for a coffee and something to eat . Returning via Tatton Park . Please can you show your interest cheers … (B/C Ride)
Usual Saturday route heads towards Bolton, on to Horwich then turning onto the A6 cutting through to Farnworth finishing at Little Lever.
The route home can be whichever direction you choose, and at any speed, some groups might form with faster and slower riders in each one. Nothing is set in stone and things can be tweaked as the ride progresses.
The Saturday social is for anyone and not restricted to club members only. Bring your friends, family and colleagues and introduce them to the Bury Clarion crowd! You can come on this ride three times as a non member before we expect you to join the club. This is a requirement of the club insurers; so come and enjoy the social. On our rides we expect all riders to adhere to the Highway Code and Bury Clarion do not take responsibility for individuals. We expect your bike to be in working order and if you are coming out to have the minimum of the following; Inner-tube, puncture repair kit, pump, tyre levers, emergency contact details.
Sunday – 1 Ride
Meet: Barista – The Rock Bury
- Nigel Hood – Continuing the progressive rides leading up to the new mere 200km. Each week the distance till lunch will increase by approximately 10%. The overall distance of the rides will remain below 80miles so the lunch stop will eventually get closer to home culminating with a non stop ride in February. The idea is to get used to feeding on the go and low faff shop stops. 65km till lunch this Sunday. Using many of the same roads as previous weeks.(B/C Ride)
Before committing to a ride with Bury Clarion Cycling Club have a look at the route and advertised speeds, make sure you can do the full ride at the pace outlined. Have a look at the Club Rides page for details of what you can expect. For your first ride, its better to go a level lower so you get in the swing of group riding without feeling under pressure or struggle.
All ride speeds are ensured by the ride leaders. If you feel the ride is too slow and want to go off, then the responsibility is on you to make sure you have a safe ride and get home under your own steam. It is not the responsibility of Bury Clarion or the ride leader to ensure you know the route and/or a safe route back home. Please ensure you have a roadworthy bike and appropriate gear for the weather, with lights if required.