Bury Clarion club rides are held each and every weekend. These are a great opportunity for you to meet other club members, learn the skills of group riding and enjoy some fantastic routes! Before taking part in any of our Social Rides, please read our Social Ride Guidelines. The Saturday rides are an ideal introduction to group riding. Please see https://www.buryclarion.co.uk/club-rides/ for types of rides
Saturday 4 Rides
Meet: The Toby (Ainsworth Arms) Bury Bolton Road
The Stephen Burke cycling hub – Barrowford
Hare and Hounds – 400 Bolton Rd W, Ramsbottom
Time: 9:00 am
- Katherine Swithenbank – I’ll be doing a 30 mile, C paced ride starting at the Steven Burke cycling hub in Barrowford, leaving at 10am to get back for the skills session at 2pm. Including a stop at Gargrave cafe for lunch.(C Ride)
- Nigel Hood – Saturday I’ll try to get to Gargrave before Katherine Swithenbank leaves then ride with them to the track. From there it depends on the weather. 70 odd miles and two times over the West Pennines. (B/C Ride)
- AJ Brooks – I will be out on Saturday planning on going to Roots cafe, 09.00 Hare & Hounds. 110k, steady pace. back mid afternoon.(B/C Ride)
- Adele Vanderkamp – 40 miles. I will decide the route on the day. (10-12mph) (D Ride)
Usual Saturday route heads towards Bolton, on to Horwich then turning onto the A6 cutting through to Farnworth finishing at Little Lever.
The route home can be whichever direction you choose, and at any speed, some groups might form with faster and slower riders in each one. Nothing is set in stone and things can be tweaked as the ride progresses.
The Saturday social is for anyone and not restricted to club members only. Bring your friends, family and colleagues and introduce them to the Bury Clarion crowd! You can come on this ride three times as a non member before we expect you to join the club. This is a requirement of the club insurers; so come and enjoy the social. On our rides we expect all riders to adhere to the Highway Code and Bury Clarion do not take responsibility for individuals. We expect your bike to be in working order and if you are coming out to have the minimum of the following; Inner-tube, puncture repair kit, pump, tyre levers, emergency contact details.
Sunday – 1 Ride
Meet: Barista – The Rock Bury
Distance: ~ 50 mile.
- Nigel Hood – 55 miles. Velo cafe (B/C ride)
Before committing to a ride with Bury Clarion Cycling Club have a look at the route and advertised speeds, make sure you can do the full ride at the pace outlined. Have a look at the Club Rides page for details of what you can expect. For your first ride, its better to go a level lower so you get in the swing of group riding without feeling under pressure or struggle.
All ride speeds are ensured by the ride leaders. If you feel the ride is too slow and want to go off, then the responsibility is on you to make sure you have a safe ride and get home under your own steam. It is not the responsibility of Bury Clarion or the ride leader to ensure you know the route and/or a safe route back home. Please ensure you have a roadworthy bike and appropriate gear for the weather, with lights if required.